Open Position: Program Implementation Specialist
Exciting job opportunity for a
Program Implementation Specialist
Everyday, 800 mothers and nearly 8,000 babies die during or soon after birth. Laerdal Global Health (LGH) was established in 2010 as a not-for-profit company to help change this. Through partnerships with leading global health and professional organizations we develop high impact and affordable education, training and therapy products. India and other nations in the Asia region are focus countries for this mission. By 2020, our goal is to help save 400,000 more lives per year. Laerdal Global Health and Laerdal Medical, both headquartered in Norway, are represented in the subcontinent region by Laerdal India.
To help us achieve this mission we are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial and solution oriented person to join our growing team in India.
The position will primarily have the following responsibilities:
- In collaboration with partners, support the development, implementation, and quality of our joint programs.
- Support the implementation of programs on a national and regional level, network with existing and new partners, including government ministries at various levels, donors, professional associations, NGOs and UN agencies.
- Support Laerdal product development and implementation through the facilitation of user perspective and feedback. Ensure that these interventions have a high-impact, life-saving potential.
- Represent Laerdal in the maternal, newborn and reproductive health arena in India and the region, and, at times, globally.
About the candidate:
- 7-10 years of project management experience from reputable NGOs, UN agencies, development partners or professional associations in the area of maternal, newborn and/or reproductive health. A minimum of 2 years spent working in health programmes and/or clinical settings in India.
- At minimum, a bachelor’s degree in medical education relevant for the position. Clinical background in medicine, nursing or midwifery and/or a master’s degree in public health or similar would be very advantageous.
- Proven ability to network, engage and build long-lasting partnerships, including the ability to liaise with leaders in health and development fields.
- Able to work independently, in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and expectations for high performance.
- Highly motivated and collaborative team player with excellent oral and written communications skills in both English and Hindi. Additional regional language skills would be advantageous.
- A valid passport and ability to travel extensively.
The position is located in New Delhi with frequent travel within India. Application and CV marked “Program Implementation” should be sent to email@example.com by 16th November 2016.
For more information, please contact Unni Silkoset - Unni.Silkoset@laerdal.com