Open Position: Designer
Exciting job opportunity for a
Laerdal Global Health is a not-for-profit sister company of Laerdal Medical AS with headquarters in Stavanger, Norway. Everyday, 800 mothers and nearly 8,000 babies die during or soon after birth. 99% of these deaths occur in low-resource settings with India being one of the highest contributors to this number. The majority of these lives could be saved by trained and equipped birth attendants. Working within strong international alliances for global health and innovation, Laerdal aims to develop and implement solutions that can help save hundreds of thousands of newborns and mothers every year.
We have an exciting opportunity for a designer in our India office to join us in our mission to help save lives. You will join a passionate and design-driven organization where you can fulfil your potential along with creating solutions that tackle challenges in settings that have the greatest need for impact. We invite you into a work environment that is characterized by diversity, professionalism and achievement. You will join a team that takes pride in its design and has gained recognition through several international design awards including the 2013 Index award and a 2016 IDSA gold.
- Needs identification and articulation using user-centric design methods.
- Idea generation and concept development using an iterative process with users.
- Design for communication and education.
- Support for product communication and program implementation
A hands-on, innovative and targeted designer who thrives on execution of ideas into working solutions. An all-round designer with cross functional skills in more than one faculty of design.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Design (any stream) with demonstrated skills in visual communication
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to connect with people and lead them into creative workshops
- Ability to work independently, in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and expectations for high performance.
- Highly motivated and collaborative team player with excellent oral and written communications skills in both English and Hindi. Additional regional language skills would be advantageous.
- A valid passport and ability to travel frequently to user locations.
- A preference may be given to female applicants as the role involves interactions with women, expecting mothers and new mothers.
The position is located in Pune, India. Applications with CV and examples of work marked with subject as “Designer” should be sent as early as possible and before the 23rd Nov 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, contact Pushkar Ingale: +91 750 727 3000