Open Position: Program & Implementation Specialist
Exciting job opportunity for a
Program and Implementation Specialist
Everyday, 800 mothers and nearly 8,000 babies die during or soon after birth. Laerdal Global Health (LGH) was established in 2010 as a not-for-profit company to help change this. Through partnerships with leading global health and professional organizations we develop high impact and affordable education, training and therapy products, as described in this video and on www.laerdalglobalhealth.com.
By 2020, our goal is to help save 400,000 more lives per year. To help us achieve this goal we are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial, and solution-oriented person to join our program and implementation team. Our total staff consists of 16 designers, educators and implementers, and includes four team members in India. We further benefit from the resources of Laerdal Medical, including high quality manufacturing sites in Norway and China.
- In collaboration with partners, support the development, implementation, and quality of our joint programs.
- Responsible for supporting the implementation of programs on a national and regional level, network with existing and new partners, including NGOs, government ministries at various levels, donors, professional associations, UN agencies and our sister company Laerdal Medical.
- Support LGH product development and implementation through the facilitation of user perspective and feedback. Ensure that these interventions have a high-impact, life-saving potential.
- Represent LGH in the maternal, newborn and reproductive health arena globally.
- 5 or more years of project management experience working for large reputable NGOs, donors, UN agencies or international professional associations in the area of maternal, newborn and/or reproductive health. A minimum of 2 years spent working in health programmes and/or clinical settings in low-resource countries.
- At minimum a bachelor’s degree relevant for the position. Clinical background in medicine, nursing or midwifery or a master’s degree in public health or similar would be very advantageous.
- Proven ability to network, engage and build long-lasting partnerships, including the ability to liaise with leaders in health and development fields.
- Able to work independently, in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and expectations for high performance.
- Highly motivated and collaborative team player with excellent oral and written communications skills in English. Additional relevant language skills would be advantageous.
The position is located in Stavanger, Norway, and requires willingness to travel extensively. Applicants, who after an initial year in Stavanger may prefer to continue working for LGH from a centrally located base in Africa or Asia, may also be of interest.
Applicants with demonstrated leadership skills and managerial experience may qualify for a Program and Implementation Manager position. This would encompass staff management and development, and budget responsibility. If you are interested in a manager position, please qualify why in your application.