10,000 Happy Birthdays!
In most of the world, the day of birth is a day of celebration. But in the world’s poorest countries, it is a very different situation. There, 280,000 mothers and 2 million newborn babies die on the day of birth. Every year.
Most of these lives can be saved. Having a midwife with the right training, equipment and supportive environment present at birth makes all the difference.
You can help
To support the life-saving midwifes in Malawi and Zambia, join our fundraising campaign for 10,000 Happy Birthdays. With just a few simple steps, you can make a change and help birth attendants are there working, day and night, saving lives and creating Happy Birthdays.
How do I help save a life?
- Wear something green
- Take a picture with our poster (remember to print it out in color) and post it on your Facebook page, or on Twitter with the hashtag #10KHappyBdays.
- Encourage your business contacts, friends and colleagues to do the same!
Give a donation on PayPal to Laerdal Global Health, and through 2016 that money will go to the 10,000 Happy Birthdays Campaign. All of the money raised will be matched by Laerdal Global Health, going twice as far!
Help save a life today
We are helping raise money for the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) to train and support Midwives in some of the world's poorest countries.
Our aim is to save the lives of 10,000 women and children in Malawi and Zambia.
(Button opens a PayPal payment page)
For more information:
- See this brochure for more information about the campaign and how you can get involved.
- Download the campaign poster and see the Facebook page for how it can be used.
- See the "10,000 Happy Birthdays" Facebook page for information and updates about local events.
- See here for information about how you can support the campaign in your country.
Fundraising events so far
- United Kingdom: Leeds Midwifery Society Fundraises for 10,000 Happy Birthdays
- International: StartSomeGood Crowdfunding Campaign
- United States: Laerdal Medical Donates in Honor of Attendees at SUN Conference
- United Kingdom: 10,000 Happy Birthday Party at the ASPiH Conference
- Norway: "10,000 Happy Birthdays"-evening in Stavanger Concert Hall
- Prague: Official launch of the campaign at the Triennial Conference of Midwives
- Norway: Exhibition stand in Stavanger City Centre at the Rotary Day
- China: Celebrating the 10,000 Happy Birthdays to come at the International Day of the Midwife